[lustre-discuss] LUSTRE - Installation on DEBIAN 10.x ????

Thomas Roth t.roth at gsi.de
Thu Feb 6 06:50:57 PST 2020

Hi Matthias,

last time we tried this (Debian Wheezy + Lustre 2.5) we had to use the Redhat kernel _in_ Debian.
However, nowadays there is the patchless-ldiskfs-server, and of course the server based on ZFS, both of which would require only to compile the proper
modules.
My guess is that you have better chances with the newer Lustre versions...

Regards
Thomas

On 05.02.20 11:50, Matthias Krawutschke wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>

> I am new here on this platform and I have a question about LUSTRE – Installation on DEBIAN 10.x ….. 😊
>
> It is possible to install this on this LINUX – Version & if yes: which version of LUSTRE does it work and how?
>

> Best regards….
>

> Matthias Krawutschke, Dipl. Inf.
>

> Universität Potsdam
> ZIM - Zentrum für Informationstechnologie und Medienmanagement
> Team High-Performance-Computing
>
> Campus Am Neuen Palais: Am Neuen Palais 10 | 14469 Potsdam
> Tel: +49 331 977-4444, Fax: +49 331 977-1750
>

> Internet:  <https://www.uni-potsdam.de/de/zim/angebote-loesungen/hpc.html> https://www.uni-potsdam.de/de/zim/angebote-loesungen/hpc.html

Thomas Roth
Department: IT

GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
Planckstraße 1, 64291 Darmstadt, Germany, www.gsi.de

Commercial Register / Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 1528
Managing Directors / Geschäftsführung:
Professor Dr. Paolo Giubellino, Jörg Blaurock
Chairman of the Supervisory Board / Vorsitzender des GSI-Aufsichtsrats:
State Secretary / Staatssekretär Dr. Volkmar Dietz