[lustre-discuss] Jobstats harvesting

Andrew Elwell andrew.elwell at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 03:03:11 PST 2020

On Mon., 17 Feb. 2020, 18:06 Andreas Dilger, <adilger at whamcloud.com> wrote:

> You don't mention which Lustre release you are using, but newer
> releases allow "complex JobIDs" that can contain both the SLURMJobID
> as well as other constant strings (e.g. cluster name), hostname, UID, GID,
> and process name.

Yeah, i twigged that once I'd sent the mail: we're still 2.10.8 in
production, so having the option of the more complex jobid string is
another reason for upgrading

Related, ive found the DDN fork of collectd, and i see the lustre2.c plugin
is GPL2 but are there any plans to get it merged upstream?

Andrew
(Also who's mad enough to be running mythtv on lustre judging from the
examples?)