[lustre-discuss] DF bug with lustre 2.12.4

Nathan Dauchy - NOAA Affiliate nathan.dauchy at noaa.gov
Thu Feb 20 12:35:59 PST 2020

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 11:47 AM Konzem, Kevin P <
kkonzem at contractor.usgs.gov> wrote:

> test this by running 'while [ true ];do /bin/df -TP /performance;done' on
> two sessions on the same client. As soon as I start the second while loop,
> the outputs go from:
> Filesystem                 Type   1024-blocks   Used Available Capacity
> Mounted on
> 192.168.0.181 at tcp:/perform lustre    71467728 100416  67664944       1%
> /performance
>
> to:
> Filesystem                 Type   1024-blocks  Used Available Capacity
> Mounted on
> 192.168.0.181 at tcp:/perform lustre           0    -0        -0      50%
> /performance

Kevin,

I can confirm seeing this issue intermittently as well, and usually with a
re-run of df the results are once again reasonable.  It looks like you have
a more reliable reproducer though, which is good!  A support ticket was
opened with our vendor, and they said if we can capture a "strace" of it
for a bad run that might be helpful... but I haven't caught it in the act
yet.  With your reproducer, can you get that and open a Jira ticket to
track the problem?

As a workaround, try "lfs df" instead, it may take a different code path
that avoids the bug.

-Nathan