[lustre-discuss] reflecting state of underlying store in Lustre with HSM

Kristian Kvilekval kris at viqi.org
Wed Jan 8 15:48:27 PST 2020

Hi Andreas,

     AWS Lustre takes a snapshot of S3 file metadata on creation.
 However, I am trying to include files that are added  to the S3 bucket
after Lustre filesystem creation.   Since I know which  files were added, I
wanted to simply inform the Lustre HSM layer of their existence.   At this
point I could unmount and re-create  the filesystem, or I must copy the
file from s3 to  Lustre  directly bypassing the HSM.  Both of these options
are pretty bad IMHO, since the HSM is more efficient and has better
performance.

Kris

Kris Kvilekval, Ph.D.
ViQi Inc