[lustre-discuss] Lustre learning: lustre_exports_pending_total and lustre_exports_dirty_total

Ms. Megan Larko dobsonunit at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 11:11:16 PDT 2020

Greetings Assembled-Knowledge!

I am in need of some education.   What do the parameters
lustre-exports_pending and lustre_exports_dirty_total mean?    A pointer to
the section in the Lustre Operations Manual is sufficient.   I have been
unable to discover to what these lustre parameters refer.  The reason I am
searching is because we have one shared Lustre File System (LFS), of
several,  running Lustre ver 2.10.4 sever that has a count in the hundred
thousands-to-millions for var lustre_exports_pending_total  while our other
Lustre servers, also 2.10.4 and 2.12.2 have a zero for the value of
lustre_exports_pending_total.   I will note that the one LFS displaying
counts for lustre_exports_pending_total is our busiest file system.  I am
also wondering if the parameter lustre_exports_dirty_total is related to
the lustre_exports_pending_total parameter.

Any schooling in this is appreciated.
Thank you.

Cheers,
megan