[lustre-discuss] Using Nodemap for security

Kolacz, John Gilbert jgkolacz at lanl.gov
Thu Jul 23 09:30:57 PDT 2020

Hi,

I’m going to try to make this as TLDR minimal as possible.

I’m working on a project to provide better security for our lustre storage.

What I’ve found is plenty of info on nodemap with ssk, but I have a few questions-

Can I set up nodemap so it allows full access and simply restricts the IP ranges from which clients can connect?

Running lctl nodemap_info all looks like it has an option for squash_gid and squash_uid.  Does that mean I can turn those off?

If I use ssk, do I still have to set up uid and gid translations?

My test environment:

Client at 192.168.57.100 at tcp1<mailto:192.168.57.100 at tcp1> • lnet router to tcp0 • mgs at 192.168.10.10 at tcp0<mailto:192.168.10.10 at tcp0>  (with mds and 2 oss)

Lnet routing works, and I can give and take access using Nodemap_activate 0/1

Thanks,

John Kolacz
HPCSYS FS