[lustre-discuss] ENOSPC even though there is free space/inodes

Mattias Claesson slas+lustre at pdc.kth.se
Wed Jul 29 08:05:07 PDT 2020

Hi all,

Is there a description somewhere how the current (2.12) OST space grant
system works, like who decides how much to grant and how can the grants
be reduced? And how grants are related to 'max_dirty_mb'? I'm trying to
figure out why we are getting somewhat intermittent "no space left on
device" when writing to files even though there is still free space, and
inodes, on all OSTs. Turning on 'grant_shrink' again made the situation
slightly better.

Cheers,
Mattias Claesson
PDC-staff