[lustre-discuss] problem after upgrading 2.10.4 to 2.12.4

Hebenstreit, Michael michael.hebenstreit at intel.com
Wed Jun 24 11:43:56 PDT 2020

I would not plan a direct upgrade until Whamcloud fixes the underlying issue. Currently the only viable way seem to be a step by step upgrade. I imagine you'd first upgrade to 2.10.8, and then copy all old file to a new place (something like: mkdir .new_copy; rsync -a  * .new_copy; rm -rf *; mv .new_copy/* .; rmdir .new_copy) so that all files have been re-created with correct information. Knut's script is a hack and last minute resort.