[lustre-discuss] "no space on device"

Lana Deere lana.deere at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 11:56:15 PDT 2020

The MDT shows 6% of storage in use and 9% of inodes in use.  The OST,
however, shows 46% of storage and 100% of inodes in use (12 free).  (There
is only one OST on this particular file system.)   I suppose if a lot of
files are deleted, the system will recover, but then I'm not sure why I
couldn't create any files after deleting a few.

Is there any way to increase the number of inodes on the OST without losing
the data currently on the filesystem?

.. Lana (lana.deere at gmail.com)