[lustre-discuss] OST recovery

Gong-Do Hwang grover.hwang at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 09:05:20 PDT 2020

Dear Lustre,

Months ago when I tried to add a new disk to my new Lustre FS, I
accidentally target the mkfs.lustre to a then mounted OST partition of
another Lustre FS. Weird enough the command passed through, and without
paying attention to it, I umount the partition months later and couldn't
mount it back, then I realized the mkfs.lustre command was legit.

But my old lustre FS worked well through these months, so I guess the data
in that OST is still there. But now the permanent CONFIG/mountdata is the
new one, and I can still see my old config in the previous value.

My question is is there any way I can write back the old CONFIG/mountdata
and still keep all my files in that OST?

I am using Luster 2.13.0 for my mgs/mdt/ost

Thanks for your help and I really appreciate it!

Grover