[lustre-discuss] Lustre server build on CentOS 8

Peter Jones pjones at whamcloud.com
Sun Mar 29 07:47:27 PDT 2020

Valerie

The first Lustre release to officially support CentOS 8.x servers is set to be the upcoming Lustre 2.14 release and so you are into slightly unchartered terrirory. The simplest way forward may depend upon what you are trying to do - if you are looking to run some tests then using the master branch should work, but if you want to run into production then you would have to port the Centos 8.x patch series from master to the 2.12.x branch (either building from source or downloading packages from Jenkins) if you want to run ldiskfs. Lustre on ZFS could be simpler but you would need to use ZFS 0.8.x rather than the current default version of 0.7.13 used for 2.12.4.

Peter