[lustre-discuss] Files hanging on lustre clients

Mohr Jr, Richard Frank rmohr at utk.edu
Tue Mar 31 12:52:17 PDT 2020

> On Mar 31, 2020, at 3:43 PM, Kurt Strosahl <strosahl at jlab.org> wrote:
>
> I can't tell, any commands I run against the files in question hang indefinitely.  It seems very suspicious though.

The fact that the  same OST appeared in error messages on two different clients made me think the problem might be with the OST.

Would you be able to deactivate that OST so no new files get created on it?  Then you could see if the problem goes away for newly created files.

—
Rick Mohr
Senior HPC System Administrator
Joint Institute for Computational Sciences
University of Tennessee