[lustre-discuss] patchless server vs. patched server

Pascal Suter pascal.suter at dalco.ch
Wed May 27 08:40:47 PDT 2020

Hi all

i am currently upgrading a lustre 2.10.3 to 2.12.4 on CentOS 7.7 and I
am unsure if I should use the patchless or patched server version. what
is the advantage of still using the patched server version over using
the patchless variant? From an linux sysadmin point of view I prefer to
use an unpatched kernel and it would seem unnecessary to still maintain
a patched variant if they both worked the same in the end.

regards

Pascal