[lustre-discuss] ZFS w/Lustre problem

Steve Thompson smt at vgersoft.com
Tue Nov 10 05:06:25 PST 2020

On Mon, 9 Nov 2020, Hans Henrik Happe wrote:

> I sounds like this issue, but I'm not sure what your dnodesize is:
>
> https://github.com/openzfs/zfs/issues/8458
>
> ZFS 0.8.1+ on the receiving side should fix it. Then again ZFS 0.8 is
> not supported in Lustre 2.12, so it's a bit hard to restore, without
> copying the underlying devices.

Hans Henrik,

Many thanks for your input. I had in fact known about the dnodesize issue,
and tested a workaround. Unfortunately, it turned out not to be this.
Instead, I have tested a patch to zfs_send.c, which does appear to have
solved the issue. The zfs send/recv is still running, however; if it
completes successfully, I will post again with details of the patch.

Steve
Steve Thompson                 E-mail:      smt AT vgersoft DOT com
Voyager Software LLC           Web:         http://www DOT vgersoft DOT com
3901 N Charles St              VSW Support: support AT vgersoft DOT com
Baltimore MD 21218
   "186,282 miles per second: it's not just a good idea, it's the law"