[lustre-discuss] The safe path for upgrading servers from 2.5.3 to 2.12.x
thhsieh at twcp1.phys.ntu.edu.tw
Mon Nov 30 22:01:02 PST 2020
Usually the upgrade procedure is the following:
1. Shutdown the Lustre file system completely.
(umount all the clients and servers)
2. In all the clients and servers, install the new version of Lustre
software. If your servers are Lustre with ldiskfs backend, please
install the recommand version of e2fsprogs package.
3. In all the servers and clients, unload the Lustre modules by:
Or you can reboot these machines instead.
4. In each of the servers, run the following command to upgrade:
tunefs.lustre --writeconf /dev/<device_name>
Note that you have to do it for all the MGS / MDT / OST.
5. When running tunefs.lustre, it may prompt you to turn on some options
of the ldiskfs file system of corresponding device using the e2fsprogs
utilities. Just follow the indications.
6. Then the upgrade is completed. You can try to restart the Lustre file
I used to upgrade from version 2.5.X to 2.10.X and 2.12.X directly.
Everything looks fine to me.
On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 11:17:03PM +0700, Nguyen Viet Cuong wrote:
> Hi there,
> Can anyone advise me the safe way to upgrade Lustre server from 2.5.3 to
> 2.10.x or 2.12.x? I am running 2.5.3 on CentOS 6.5 with a FDR card. I now
> have to upgrade the card to EDR or HDR.
> And, is there anyone successfully connecting servers with the mix of EDR
> and HDR200? And how?
> Best regards,
> Nguyen Viet Cuong
> lustre-discuss mailing list
> lustre-discuss at lists.lustre.org
More information about the lustre-discuss