[lustre-discuss] OST mount issue

Degremont, Aurelien degremoa at amazon.com
Mon Apr 26 00:35:02 PDT 2021

Hello Steve,

This message appears when you are using Lustre modules built with only client support, with server support disabled.
This message is quite new and only appears in very recent Lustre releases. What Lustre version are you using, this error does not exist in 2.12.6 as far as I know.

Could you double check the Lustre version and RPMs you installed on that host, compare with the other and ensure they are the same?
Could you simply try: 'modprobe mdt' and see if that works?

Check also: 'lctl get_param version'

Aurélien