[lustre-discuss] OST mount issue

Steve Thompson smt at vgersoft.com
Mon Apr 26 07:23:40 PDT 2021

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021, Degremont, Aurelien wrote:

> Le 26/04/2021 09:34, ? Degremont, Aurelien ? <degremoa at amazon.com> a ?crit :
>
>    This message appears when you are using Lustre modules built with
>    only client support, with server support disabled. This message is
>    quite new and only appears in very recent Lustre releases.
>
> Actually I double-checked that and this is not true. It does exist with Lustre 2.12.6
>
> Just looks like you installed a client-only version of Lustre RPMs...

Unfortunately this isn't true. I installed the RPM's on the working and
non-working systems from the same place:

[lustre-server]
name=lustre-server
baseurl=https://downloads.whamcloud.com/public/lustre/latest-release/el7/server
gpgcheck=0

Steve
Steve Thompson                 E-mail:      smt AT vgersoft DOT com
Voyager Software LLC           Web:         http://www DOT vgersoft DOT com
3901 N Charles St              VSW Support: support AT vgersoft DOT com
Baltimore MD 21218
   "186,282 miles per second: it's not just a good idea, it's the law"