[lustre-discuss] How to reduce the size of an existing OST ?

Hans Henrik Happe happe at nbi.dk
Wed Apr 28 00:09:51 PDT 2021

Hi,

One option is of cause to completely remove the ost as described in the
manual and then do the new setup.

Another option, would be to copy (zfs send/recv) the ost away from the
disks, then creating the new multi ost setup and copy it back. You might
need to migrate it data away from the ost first to make it fit the new
setup.

A third is to just have multiple osts on the same ZFS pool, but I guess
this is not a supported/tested case and there might even be reasons that
it will not work at all. At least you need to setup quotas to ensure
free space in Lustre isn't inflated.

Cheers,
Hans Henrik