[lustre-discuss] 2.12.6 freeze

Alastair Basden a.g.basden at durham.ac.uk
Wed Dec 1 01:09:06 PST 2021

Hi,

Turns out there is a problem with the zpool, which we think got corrupted
by a stonith event when a disk on another pool started to do a predicted
failure.

A zpool scrub has been done, and there are 5 files with permanent errors
(zpool status -v):
errors: Permanent errors have been detected in the following files:

         cos8-ost6/ost6:<0xe>
         cos8-ost6/ost6:<0x1a>
         cos8-ost6/ost6:<0x1c>
         cos8-ost6/ost6:/
         cos8-ost6/ost6:<0x193>

The fact that / is corrupted seems to worry me!
If we set the canmount=on property and mount the zpool, then an ls of the
mount point gives an Input/output error.

Does anyone have experience with how to repair this?

There is no hardware problem, all 12 disks within this z2 pool are fine -
we think the stonith must have caused it - though I thought zfs was
supposed to be immune to that!

Thanks...