[lustre-discuss] Elegant way to dump quota/usage database?

Steve Barnet barnet at icecube.wisc.edu
Thu Feb 11 11:06:18 PST 2021

Hey all,

   I would like to be able to dump the usage tracking and quota
information for my lustre filesystems. I am currently running lustre 2.12

lfs quota -u $user $filesystem

works well enough for a single user. But I have been looking for a way
to get that information for all users of the filesystem. So far, I have
not stumbled across anything more elegant than a brute force iteration
over my known users.

While that works (mostly), it is clearly not great. Is there a better
way to do this? Hoping I just missed something in the docs ...

Thanks in advance for any pointers in this area.

Best,

---Steve