[lustre-discuss] lustre-discuss Digest, Vol 179, Issue 20

Sid Young sid.young at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 02:37:17 PST 2021

Thanks for the replies, the nodes have multiple interfaces (four on
compute nodes and 6 on the storage nodes), ens2f0 is the 100G Mellanox
ConnectX5 card in slot 2 and they are all running 2.12.6 using the RPMS
from the lustre site.

I will remove one of the network definition files and add the lnetctl
--backup config to the /etc/lnet.conf.... i did try an export and noticed
it barfs on some of the parameters but I did not try the --backup option,
so it gives me a few options to experiment with minimising the config....
just a bit of trial and error

I gather then the lustre.conf file is not needed, just the
/etc/modprobe.d/lnet.conf and the /etc/lnet.conf.

Sid Young