[lustre-discuss] Multiple IB interfaces

Raj rajgautam at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 04:20:27 PST 2021

Alastair,
Few scenarios which you may consider:
1) define 2 lnets one per IB interface (say o2ib1 and o2ib2) and share out
one OST through o2ib1 and other one through o2ib2. You can map HBA and disk
locality so that they are attached to the same cpu.

2) Same as above but share the ost/s from both lnets But configure odd
clients (clients with odd ips) to use o2ib1 and even clients to use o2ib2.
This may not be exactly what you are looking for but can efficiently
utilize both interfaces.

-Raj