[lustre-discuss] Best ways to backup a Lustre file system?

Jongwoo Han jongwoohan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 03:57:47 PDT 2021

I think the first thing to plan a backup of a lustre filesystem, is to find
out if there is a suitable tape or virtual tape backup system that
satisfies RPO/RTO to the corresponding filesystem size. There are not many
when a lustre filesystem is more than 1PB, as far as I know.  So when my
customer asks me about backup, I recommend putting files into AWS glacier.

Thanks,
Jongwoo Han

2021년 10월 17일 (일) 오전 9:06, Sid Young via lustre-discuss <
lustre-discuss at lists.lustre.org>님이 작성:

> G'Day all,
>
> Apart from rsync'ing all the data on a mounted lustre filesystem to
> another server, what backup systems are people using to backup Lustre?
>

> Sid Young
> M: 0458 396300
> W: https://off-grid-engineering.com

Jongwoo Han