[lustre-discuss] Full OST

Alastair Basden a.g.basden at durham.ac.uk
Wed Sep 8 03:42:48 PDT 2021

> Next step would be to unmount OST004e, run a full e2fsck, and then check lost+found and/or a regular "find /mnt/ost -type f -size +1M" or similar to find where the files are.

Thanks.  e2fsck returns clean (on its own, with -p and with -f).

Now, the find command does return a large number of files belonging to
usera - and of sufficient size to fill up the disk.

e.g. /mnt/ost/O/0/d3/29379 has a size 2.3G.

So it would seem that these files are getting deleted from the mds, but
not from this OST.  Has this been seen before?  The other OSTs seem fine -
stuff getting deleted as expected.

Is it safe to simply remove all these files, and then remount etc?  How
can we ensure that new files will be deleted from the OST in the future?

Cheers,
Alastair.