[lustre-discuss] lru_size question

Thomas Roth t.roth at gsi.de
Thu Sep 9 01:49:59 PDT 2021

Hi all,

I have checked the lru_size on an (2.12.5) system that has just been restarted.
The defaults have never been touched on that system, and so I see lru_size=0 for all OSTs, on the MDS as on a client, as it should be.
The client also reports
 > ldlm.namespaces.MGC10.20.3.0 at o2ib5.lru_size=12800
while the three MDTs of the system also are shown with lru_size=0

The MDS reports
 > ldlm.namespaces.MGC10.20.3.0 at o2ib5.lru_size=1600
 > ldlm.namespaces.MGS.lru_size=1600
 > ldlm.namespaces.hebe-MDT0000-lwp-MDT0000.lru_size=494
 > ldlm.namespaces.hebe-MDT0001-osp-MDT0000.lru_size=1600
 > ldlm.namespaces.hebe-MDT0002-osp-MDT0000.lru_size=1600
 > ldlm.namespaces.mdt-hebe-MDT0000_UUID.lru_size=1600

(hebe being the name of the fs)

These values show up immedeately after starting the MDS.

Does this mean that these are not adapted automatically, or did I do something wrong?

Regards,
Thomas

Thomas Roth
Department: IT
Location: SB3 2.291

GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
Planckstraße 1, 64291 Darmstadt, Germany, www.gsi.de

Commercial Register / Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 1528
Managing Directors / Geschäftsführung:
Professor Dr. Paolo Giubellino, Dr. Ulrich Breuer, Jörg Blaurock
Chairman of the Supervisory Board / Vorsitzender des GSI-Aufsichtsrats:
State Secretary / Staatssekretär Dr. Volkmar Dietz