[lustre-discuss] Question about max service threads

Houkun Zhu diskun.zhu at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 01:29:23 PDT 2021

Hi guys,

I’m creating an automatic lustre performance tuning system. But I find it’s hard to tune parameter regarding  max service threads because it seems there is only guarantee of max threads when we increase the parameter. I’ve found a similar discussion <http://lists.lustre.org/htdig.cgi/lustre-discuss-lustre.org/2011-August/010358.html> from 2011, is there any updates?

Though I can wait for the number threads to automatically decrease, I didn’t find ways which can really indicate the current running threads. I’ve tried thread_started (e.g., lctl get_param mds.MDS.mdt.threads_,started). But this param doesn’t change.

Looking forward to your help! Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Houkun