[lustre-discuss] Problem in confugration of MGS and MDT server in lustre.

Degremont, Aurelien degremoa at amazon.fr
Tue Dec 20 01:34:07 PST 2022

Hi

Yes, both parameters at the same time are valid.

Regarding the RPMS you installed. You picked a new kernel, did you reboot to use it? If not you should.
You are missing those 2 packages, I’m even surprised Yum did not complain about missing deps.
kmod-lustre-2.15.1-1.el8.x86_64.rpm<https://downloads.whamcloud.com/public/lustre/latest-release/el8.6/server/RPMS/x86_64/kmod-lustre-2.15.1-1.el8.x86_64.rpm>
kmod-lustre-osd-ldiskfs-2.15.1-1.el8.x86_64.rpm<https://downloads.whamcloud.com/public/lustre/latest-release/el8.6/server/RPMS/x86_64/kmod-lustre-osd-ldiskfs-2.15.1-1.el8.x86_64.rpm>

lustre-ldiskfs-dkms: you installed ldiskfs support as a DKMS package but not Lustre as a DKMS too. I recommend using the same for every package, so here, install the osd package above instead of your DKMS one.

Probably the best for you is to setup https://downloads.whamcloud.com/public/lustre/latest-release/el8.6/server/ as YUM additional repository.

Aurélien