[lustre-discuss] How to speed up Lustre

Taner KARAGÖL karagol at aselsan.com.tr
Mon Feb 21 20:53:03 PST 2022

UNCLASSIFIED

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I was thinking that DoM is built in feature and it can be enabled/disabled online for a certain directories. What do you mean by reformat to converting to DoM (or away from it). I think just Metadata target size is important.

I also thought creating flash OST on metadata server. But I was not sure what to install on metadata server for this purpose. Can Metadata server be an OSS server at the same time? If it is possible I would prefer flash OST on Metadata server instead of DoM. Because Our metadata target size is small, it seems I have to do risky operations to expand size.

imho, because of the less RPC traffic DoM shows more performance than flash OST. Am I right?

Best Regards;