[lustre-discuss] Upgrading lustre servers

Spitz, Cory James cory.spitz at hpe.com
Wed Feb 23 06:38:23 PST 2022

Kurt,

Also, please be aware of https://jira.whamcloud.com/browse/LU-15177.  A version interop check won’t allow MDT-MDT version skew > 3 minor versions.  Note, that check is just about MDT versions.

-Cory

On 2/21/22, 8:59 PM, "lustre-discuss" <lustre-discuss-bounces at lists.lustre.org> wrote:

Kurt,

The phrasing is a little confusing.  The idea is that you can do a rolling upgrade, but it is important to complete the upgrade and not continue running with servers at different versions.  Version gaps between servers is OK in the context of a rolling upgrade but not otherwise.  That case you are describing - deliberately leaving different versions on different servers - is specifically what you're not​ supposed to do, because server version interop isn't tested outside the context of a rolling upgrade.

Regards,
Patrick