[lustre-discuss] Misplaced position for two glibc checks

Åke Sandgren ake.sandgren at hpc2n.umu.se
Thu Jun 2 06:14:25 PDT 2022

Hi!

The tests for LC_GLIBC_SUPPORT_FHANDLES and
LC_GLIBC_SUPPORT_COPY_FILE_RANGE must be in the "core" set of configure
tests, i.e. in the
===
AC_DEFUN([LC_CONFIGURE], [
AC_MSG_NOTICE([Lustre core checks
===
section. The reason for that is that they are required for the
client/server utils code and not only for the kernel part.

This pops up if configuring with --disable-modules --enable-client and
making the client utilities only, think of a make dkms-debs that does
NOT produce the kernel modules but only the DKMS package and the utilities.

This probably won't pop up easily without another change I have
regarding the setting of CPPFLAGS for uapi which are also needed for
client utils only builds.

PS
Can you point me to the URL for how to correctly produce PR's again, I
lost that info some time ago .... I seem to remember there being some
more steps to do than I'm used to.

Internet: ake at hpc2n.umu.se  Mobile: +46 70 7716134  Fax: +46 90-580 14
WWW: http://www.hpc2n.umu.se