[lustre-discuss] Lustre support version to RHEL 8 or RHEL8.5

Vinícius Ferrão ferrao at versatushpc.com.br
Fri Jun 10 07:18:57 PDT 2022

Did you tried to use the EL8.3 Kernel? Not changing the entire distro but only the Kernel.

Sent from my iPhone

On 10 Jun 2022, at 11:17, Sharma, Amit via lustre-discuss <lustre-discuss at lists.lustre.org> wrote:

Hi Team,

I have to install Lustre file system on RHEL 8 for ongoing project . So, I have tried with Lustre-2.12.8 but it supports only RHEL 7.9. I got another version that is 2.14.0 but it supports RHEL8.3. I have tried 2.14 as well with RHEL8.5 and it get installed successfully but when I tried to mount Lustre got below error. So is there any way to remove this error.

ERROR:- mount.lustre: mount /dev/mapper/mgs-mds at /mnt failed: Operation not supported

So can you please suggest us which version fit with RHEL8 & RHEL8.5 or any solution for error.

Regards
Amit