[lustre-discuss] unclear language in Operations manual

Andrew Elwell andrew.elwell at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 06:11:54 PDT 2022

Hi folks,

I've recently come across this snippet in the ops manual (section
13.8. Running Multiple Lustre File Systems, page 111 in the current
pdf)

> Note
> If a client(s) will be mounted on several file systems, add the following line to /etc/ xattr.conf file to avoid problems when files are moved between the file systems: lustre.* skip

Is this describing the case where a single client mounts more than one
lustre filesystem simultaneously? ie mount -t lustre mgsnode:/foo
/mnt/foo AND mount -t lustre mgsnode:/bar /mnt/bar?
I suspect I should file a LUDOC if so, as the language doesn't flow.

As (ahem) we've never done this, what's it likely to screw up when a
user's copying from /mnt/foo to /mnt/bar ?

Many thanks

Andrew