[lustre-discuss] Corrupted? MDT not mounting

Laura Hild lsh at jlab.org
Tue May 10 11:37:21 PDT 2022

Hi Andrew-

The non-dummy SRP module is in the kmod-srp package, which isn't included in the Lustre repository.  I'm less certain than I'd like to be, as ours is a DKMS setup rather than kmod, and the last time I had an SRP setup was a couple years ago, but I suspect you may have success if you fetch the full MLNX_OFED from

  https://content.mellanox.com/ofed/MLNX_OFED-4.9-4.1.7.0/MLNX_OFED_LINUX-4.9-4.1.7.0-rhel7.9-x86_64.tgz

and rebuild it for the _lustre kernel (mlnxofedinstall --add-kernel-support --kmp).  When I do that, I get modules that load successfully into the kernel with the kmods from the Lustre repository.

-Laura