[lustre-discuss] Restrict who can assign OST pools to directories

Andreas Dilger adilger at whamcloud.com
Mon Nov 7 02:27:30 PST 2022

Unfortunately, this is not possible today, though I don't think it would be too hard for someone to implement this by copying "enable_remote_dir_gid" and similar checks on the MDS.

In Lustre 2.14 and later, it is possible to set an OST pool quota that can restrict users from creating too many files in a pool.  This doesn't directly prevent them from setting the pool on a directory (though I guess this _could_ be checked), but they would get an EDQUOT error when trying to create in that directory, and quickly tire of trying to use it.

Cheers, Andreas