[lustre-discuss] Changing OST servicenode

Spitz, Cory James cory.spitz at hpe.com
Wed Nov 16 11:19:24 PST 2022

If you are only changing the nid then you do not need to follow the full writeconf procedure.

See https://doc.lustre.org/lustre_manual.xhtml#lustremaint.changingservernid :
If you need to change only the NID of the MDT or OST, the replace_nids command can simplify this process. The replace_nids command differs from tunefs.lustre --writeconf in that it does not erase the entire configuration log, precluding the need the need to execute the writeconf command on all servers and re-specify all permanent parameter settings. However, the writeconf command can still be used if desired.

Note that you still need to unmount per the replace_nids procedure.

-Cory