[lustre-discuss] Project quota and project quota accounting

Andreas Dilger adilger at whamcloud.com
Tue Nov 29 13:33:35 PST 2022

You should confirm that the "project" feature is enabled on all of the OSTs and MDTs with
"dumpe2fs -h /dev/XXX" and checking the "features" line.

Cheers, Andreas

On Nov 29, 2022, at 20:29, David Cohen via lustre-discuss <lustre-discuss at lists.lustre.org> wrote:

Hi,
We are running Lustre 2.12.7 (ldiskfs) both on the servers and the clients.

lctl get_param osd-*.*.quota_slave.info<http://quota_slave.info> returns for all ost and mds/mdt:
quota enabled:  ugp
space acct:     ug

I tried enabling group quota on a client, with no success:
chattr -p 1 /storage/test
chattr: Operation not supported while setting project on /storage/test
Or with:
lfs project -p 1  /storage/test
lfs: failed to set xattr for  /storage/test': Operation not supported

Regards,
David