[lustre-discuss] Quota issue after OST removal

Thomas Roth t.roth at gsi.de
Wed Oct 26 12:00:07 PDT 2022

Hi Daniel,

isn't this expected: on your lustrefs-OST0001, usage  seems to have hit the limit (perhaps if you do 'lfs quota -g somegroup...', it will show
you by how many bytes).

If one part of the distributed quota is exceeded, Lustre should report that with the * - although the total across the file system is still below the
limit.

Obviously your 'somegroup' is at the quota limit on all visible OSTs, so my guess is that would be the same on the missing two OSTs.
So, either have some data removed or increase the limit.

Best regards
Thomas