[lustre-discuss] max_frags 257 too large

Horn, Chris chris.horn at hpe.com
Thu Sep 8 08:14:06 PDT 2022

The message is part of normal o2iblnd connection setup. It just means the two peers are negotiating the max number of fragments that will be supported.

It is seen because https://jira.whamcloud.com/browse/LU-15092 changed the default max number of fragments from 256 to 257. If one peer has that patch, but the other doesn’t, then negotiation must occur.

There is a separate but related issue involving map_on_demand. In some Lustre versions, map_on_demand must be set to 1 in order for the aforementioned negotiation to succeed.

Chris Horn