[lustre-discuss] Lustre mds/ods Server with IB/omnipath and Ethernet clients (dual homed?)

Philipp Grau phgrau at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri Dec 1 02:55:40 PST 2023

Hi,

thank you very much for your answers.

* Knut Franke <knut.franke at eviden.com> [30.11.23 19:13]:
> One way to see which NIDs the MGS passes on to the client is
> lctl --device MGS llog_print scratch-client

Ah, thats great (or not so great), in the output of the command I only
see lines with "add_uuid" and our o2ib-NIDs, like so:

- { index: 150, event: add_uuid, nid: 10.149.0.189 at o2ib(0x500000a9500bd), node: 10.149.0.189 at o2ib }

> Then look for the add_uuid events. There should be at least one event for each
> NID you want the clients to use, so you should see your [1]xxx.xxx.5.XXX at tcp
> NIDs there.

Okay, so our xxx.xxx.5.xxx at tcp configuration is still wrong.

Next I will try the suggestions from Chris Horn, and work through the
manual for "14.5.  Changing a Server NID".

Kind regards,

Philipp