[lustre-discuss] ZFS Support For Lustre

Hans Henrik Happe happe at nbi.dk
Sat Feb 18 14:46:22 PST 2023

Hi,

The repos, in general, only work for the kernel they were build for.
This will be the supported kernel by the release. Look in the changelog.
For 2.15.1:

https://wiki.lustre.org/Lustre_2.15.1_Changelog

To make newer kernels work you have to compile yourself and that might
not even work without patching and hasn't gone through testing.

You are better of following the supported kernel on the servers. The
client is usually more likely to compile/work on newer kernels, but
patching might be needed.

Cheers,
Hans Henrik