[lustre-discuss] Regarding Lustre with RDMA

Andreas Dilger adilger at whamcloud.com
Thu Jan 5 14:17:39 PST 2023

PS: please don't paste screenshots of text instead of text.

On Jan 5, 2023, at 04:12, Nick dan via lustre-discuss <lustre-discuss at lists.lustre.org<mailto:lustre-discuss at lists.lustre.org>> wrote:

Hi

We have configured the Lustre filesystem and mounted the same on the client. This is being done using IP as highlighted below
<image.png>
Part 2:
Now for the next part, we don't want to use this command: (mount -t lustre 11.11.1.211 at tcp:/lustre /mnt/lustre) as the connection is through IP.
We want to mount a particular block device as a lustre file system. For example, in the image below we have created 2 partitions on the server of 10G each and we are sharing ost partition to the client as a block device.
<image.png>
when we are sharing the block device. This is our client and we have got 10G of /mnt/ost.
<image.png>
After mounting  using mount /dev/nvme0n1 /mnt/lustre/
The filesystem type is ext4 and not lustre as mentioned below.
<image.png>
We want to mount using the lustre filesystem and not ext4.
Is there a need to change the lnet configuration? What else is need to be done?

Lustre Principal Architect
Whamcloud