[lustre-discuss] User find out OST configuration

Anna Fuchs anna.fuchs at uni-hamburg.de
Mon Jan 23 09:01:47 PST 2023

Thanks!

Is it planned to introduce some metric propagation to the user?
For advanced users who are benchmarking stuff on remote systems it
remains unclear which performance to expect if they can not access
underlaying hardware metrics.
Sure, they can ask the admin to share the config, but it might be more
convenient to be able to look it up, maybe.

Additionally: if I try to find out the stripe location (lfs gestripe)
and map this information to OST-specs (lctl get_param
osc.*.*ost_conn_uuid), to find out how many different servers and
networks are involved, the obdidx seems to be in dec-format, but the OST
index in connections list is hex, which is not always obvious.
Is there a way to display it both in dec or both in hex?

Are there generally any tools for doing similar things?
We plan a student project for building kind of GUI for visualizing
stripings and mappings, so I would try to avoid reinventing the wheel.

Thank you.

Best regards
Anna

anna.fuchs at informatik.uni-hamburg.de