[lustre-discuss] Lustre 2.15.1 server with ZFS nothing provides ksym

Laura Hild lsh at jlab.org
Tue Jul 11 14:29:52 PDT 2023

> In the meantime, I've seen an email in the mailing list
> suggesting that the symbols are in fact provided by the package
> kmod-zfs, which is not provided by the OpenZFS repos, but that
> can be built manually, so I thought I'd have another crack at
> getting 2.15.1 working. I download the tar, built ZFS and
> installed the resulting rpms, making sure to install devel and
> debugsource and debuginfo. I attempted to build lustre against
> this and it all appears to go ok - I get some rpms out! However,
> installing them results in the exact same ksym errors.

I second Thomas' suggestion of `./configure --with-spec=redhat`.
The kver packages built without that configure flag do not supply the
ksym deps.  In fact, if you build a kmod-zfs with the same ZFS version
(e.g.  2.1.2) as the other ZFS RPMs in the Whamcloud repository, you
should not even need to rebuild the Lustre kmods (or install the ZFS
devel and debug packages), and just be able to use your kmod-zfs with
the pre-built packages in the Whamcloud repository.