[lustre-discuss] LNet nid down after some thing changed the NICs

Horn, Chris chris.horn at hpe.com
Wed Mar 1 09:15:26 PST 2023

Hi CJ,

I don’t know if you ever got an account and ticket opened, but I stumbled upon this change which sounds like it could be your issue - https://jira.whamcloud.com/browse/LU-16378

commit 3c9282a67d73799a03cb1d254275685c1c1e4df2
Author: Cyril Bordage cbordage at whamcloud.com<mailto:cbordage at whamcloud.com>
Date:   Sat Dec 10 01:51:16 2022 +0100

    LU-16378 lnet: handles unregister/register events

    When network is restarted, devices are unregistered and then
   registered again. When a device registers using an index that is
    different from the previous one (before network was restarted), LNet
    ignores it. Consequently, this device stays with link in fatal state.

    To fix that, we catch unregistering events to clear the saved index
    value, and when a registering event comes, we save the new value.

Chris Horn