[lustre-discuss] Slow Lustre traffic failover issue

覃江龙 cha1ice at 163.com
Sat Mar 4 01:50:14 PST 2023

Dear Developer,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently working with a Lustre file system installed on two nodes, with a mounted client and NFS connection to the Lustre client directory. When I generated traffic into the Lustre directory and one of the nodes failed, the MGS and OST services switched to the second node and it took five to six minutes for the traffic to resume. However, when I switched to using an ext3 file system, the traffic resumed in only one to two minutes.

I was wondering if you could shed some light on why the Lustre switch is taking longer, and how I could potentially address this issue. Thank you for your time and expertise.

Best regards,Radiant