[lustre-discuss] Joining files

Sven Willner sven.willner at mpimet.mpg.de
Wed Mar 29 05:58:50 PDT 2023

Dear all,

I am looking for a way to join/merge/concatenate several files into one, whose layout is just the concatenation of the layouts of the respective files - ideally without any copying/moving on the data side (even if this would result in "holes" in the joined file).

I would very much appreciate any hints to tools or ideas of how to achieve such a join. As I understand that has been a `join` command for `lfs`, which is now deprecated (however, I am not sure if a use case like mine has been its purpose or why it has been deprecated).

Thanks a lot!
Best regards,
Sven

--