[lustre-discuss] Missing Files in /proc/fs/lustre after Upgrading to Lustre 2.15.X

Jane Liu zhliu at rcf.rhic.bnl.gov
Thu May 4 16:43:30 PDT 2023

Hi,

We previously had a monitoring tool in Lustre 2.12.X that relied on
files located under /proc/fs/lustre for gathering metrics. However,
after upgrading our system to version 2.15.2, we noticed that at least
five files previously found under /proc/fs/lustre are no longer present.
Here is a list of these files as an example:

/proc/fs/lustre/osd-ldiskfs/fsname-OST0078/brw_stats
/proc/fs/lustre/osd-ldiskfs/fsname-OST0078/kbytestotal
/proc/fs/lustre/osd-ldiskfs/fsname-OST0078/kbytesfree
/proc/fs/lustre/osd-ldiskfs/fsname-OST0078/filestotal
/proc/fs/lustre/osd-ldiskfs/fsname-OST0078/filesfree

We have been unable to locate these files in the new version. We can
still obtain size information using the following commands:

lctl get_param obdfilter.*.kbytestotal
lctl get_param obdfilter.*.kbytesfree
lctl get_param obdfilter.*.filestotal
lctl get_param obdfilter.*.filesfree

However, we are unsure how to access the information previously
available in the brw_stats file. Any guidance or suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jane