[lustre-discuss] [EXTERNAL] Re: ZFS zpool/filesystem operations while mounted with '-t lustre'

Mohr, Rick mohrrf at ornl.gov
Fri May 19 09:40:43 PDT 2023

On 5/18/23, 10:48 AM, "lustre-discuss on behalf of Peter Grandi via lustre-discuss" <lustre-discuss-bounces at lists.lustre.org <mailto:lustre-discuss-bounces at lists.lustre.org> on behalf of lustre-discuss at lists.lustre.org <mailto:lustre-discuss at lists.lustre.org>> wrote:

> BTW I wonder whether I should bother to do the same for the MGT -- on
> one hand it is tiny, on the other my guess is that its state is pretty
> much irrelevant in case of restoring the MDT.

You should be able to recreate all the MGT state just by doing a writeconf on the file system, so I'm not sure it's worth going through the whole zfs send/receive process in order to create a backup.  There are some things that don't get recreated during a writeconf (ost pool definitions, lctl conf_param settings, etc.) so it would be worth just putting those commands in a script some place where you could easily rerun it.

--Rick