[lustre-discuss] OSS on compute node

Fedele Stabile fedele.stabile at fis.unical.it
Fri Oct 13 12:41:23 PDT 2023

I believe in Linux is possible to limit the memory used by a user and also it is possible to limit the amount of cpu used so I can limit resources for group user and also if i put oss server in a vm i suppose i can limit cpu and memory usage.
My scenario is: i have 34 compute nodes 512 GB RAM and 34 HD 16 TB each that I can arrange in 9 nodes, i have also a management node that can be used for LUSTRE metadata server, infiniband is 200 Gb/s
We make mhd simulations.
What Lustre configuration do you suggest?