[lustre-discuss] backup restore docs not quite accurate?

Peter Grandi pg at lustre.list.sabi.co.UK
Wed Oct 18 06:37:43 PDT 2023

I was asking this on the Slack channel but as I was typing it
looks too complicated for chat, so here:

Lustre 2.15.2, EL8, MGT, MDT and OSTs on ZFS.

I am trying to copy the MGT and the MDT to larger zpools, so I
created them on another server, and used 'zfs send' to copy them
while the Lustre instance was frozen (for the last incremental).

The I have put the new zpool drives in the old server with same
NID, and I following the "Operations Manual" here:

https://doc.lustre.org/lustre_manual.xhtml#backup_fs_level.restore
"Remove old OI and LFSCK files.[oss]# rm -rf oi.16* lfsck_* LFSCK
Remove old CATALOGS. [oss]# rm -f CATALOGS"

But I am getting a lot of error when removing "oi.16*", of the
"directory not empty" sort. For example "cannot remove
'oi.16/0x200011b90:0xabe1:0x0': Directory not empty"

Please suggest some options.